Job Description: Accounts Payable Under general direction of the Accounting Manager, to perform accounting functions at the level of Accounts Payable. This job includes but is not limited too; compute, prepare and maintain financial records and transactions including responsibility for journals, ledgers and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma required.
• AA degree in Accounting or related field and/or college coursework in Accounting preferred
• Minimum 3-6 years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and record keeping procedures (GAAP)
• Strong accounts payable knowledge
• High degree of integrity; job requires being professional, honest and ethical
• Ability to perform a variety of complex accounting and clerical duties involving the highest degree of accuracy and organization.
• Ability to make mathematical calculations quickly and accurately
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard and 10-key calculator by touch
• Advanced accounting and spreadsheet software skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Advanced organizational skills
• Exceptional oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to work independently with little or no direction and to meet schedules and timelines
• Ability to work confidentially with discretion
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all contacted in the scope of employment
• Previous experience with an ERP system, Oracle is preferred.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
This job description is representative of the expectations of the position described. Additional duties, reporting relationships, and/or position criteria may be assigned as deemed necessary. Changes to this job description shall not be made without written permission by the CFO or authorized representative.. Skillset Required: • Process and post accounts payable including processing invoices, matching bills to purchase orders, verifying prices and shipping charges, and resolving discrepancies.
• Process cash disbursements, including manual checks.
• Maintain a variety of electronic and manual records; prepare routine and special reports.
• Communicate verbally and in writing with suppliers and staff members to exchange information, resolve discrepancies, and correct errors.
• Gather and produce special project information as requested.
• Operate a computer and assigned accounting; enter and retrieve data and assure accuracy of data input; operate office equipment including 10-key calculator by touch.
• Prepare letters, memoranda, bulletins, reports, schedules, lists, charts, forms, and other material from straight copy, rough draft, notes, or verbal instructions.
• Calculate and process end-of-month journal entries; post and maintain all journals and general ledger; analyze trial balance and produce financial statements.